Composing with Kids is a creative resource for piano teachers who are interested in introducing music composition to their students. It’s provides music teachers with five lessons that make composing music very simple, and kids will feel successful with their very first try.
Free Music Lesson Plans Included:
- Hot Cross Buns Remix – This lesson provides you with a simple arrangement of Hot Cross Buns, and asks the students to write a variation on this melody.
- Walk Like an Egyptian – This lesson asks the student to write a piece with the Egyptian Scale. The accompaniment is provided.
- Surprise Inside – This lesson asks the student to write a melody that saves a note until late in the eight measure melody, offering a refreshing sound.
- Ostinato, Ostinato, Ostinato – This lesson asks students to write a D Dorian melody over a provided ostinato accompaniment.
- Ragtime Mix-n-Match – This lesson asks students to select pre-written musical phrases to form an eight measure ragtime melody with accompaniment. The lesson allows students to access which phrases work well together, and which phrases lend themselves to ending material verses interior material.
Download Music Composition Workbook
Browse More Piano Sheet Music and Music Theory posts:
The Piano Chords Fun Book | Chords and Arranging for Kids
Nursery Rhyme Piano Sheet Music for Children
Free Beginner Piano Sheet Music/Level 1
Free Beginner Piano Sheet Music/Level 2
Free Easy Piano Sheet Music/Level 3
Free Easy Piano Sheet Music/Level 4
Free Easy Piano Sheet Music/Level 5